Kanchipuram Kamatchi Ambal Temple Timings
Kanchi Kamakshi Temple Timings, Opening and Closing Hours, Darshan and Abisshekam, Archanai Timings
Kanchi kamakshi temple darshan timings
- 5:00 am Temple Opening Hours
- 5:30 am – 7:30 am Abhishekam Daily
- 6:00 am – 10:30 am Darshan/ Astottara Archana
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am Saharsa Namarchana Daily
- 10:30 am – 12:30 am Abhishekam Daily
- 11:00 am -12:00 pm only Darshan
- 12:15 pm – 4:00 pm Temple Closing Hours
- 4:00 pm Temple reopens
Dress Code: Any decent outfit. Traditional dress code applies for Seva ticket holders.
Darshan Waiting Time: 45 – 90 mins.
Darshan Ticket Cost: Free entry for all the devotees.
Kanchi Kamakshi Temple Timings might differ on special days. Crowd will be high on Fri, Sat, Sun, Navaratri festival day, Sivaratri days and Karthiga Month.
Kanchi Kamakshi Temple Abishekam Timings
Abhishekam (Daily Three Times)
- Morning: 5:30 AM
- Morning: 10:30 AM
- Evening: 4:00 PM
- Evening: 4:30 PM on all Wednesdays and Saturdays
Kanchi kamakshi temple pooja timings
Navavarana Pooja on Paurnamis
- After 9:30 PM on all months
Sahasranaama Archana (Daily)
- Morning: 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM
- Evening: 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Morning: 7:00 AM – 12:00 Noon
- Evening: 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- All Fridays
- 1 day of Tamil Months, Amavasya Paurnami, Poora Nakshatra
- The Above Timings will be changed in festival periods
Kanchi Kamakshi Ambal
The Goddess Kamakshi is in a sitting posture in the temple. This posture is called the Padmasana posture. The Padmasana posture is said to resemble a lotus. In the Yogic practice this resembles the form of meditation. Shs holds a Sugarcane bow on her left upper arm and Lotus, Parrot in her right upper arm and also has divine chakras called Pasa and Angusa in her arms.
Kamakshi also has a Chandraperai (a shape of moon like structure) in her forehead. The Goddess Kamakshi is situated in the middle of temple premises.
History reveals that Goddess Kamakshi was praying under a mango tree with a Shiva lingam made of sand to marry the great Lord Shiva. After a long duration of dedicated and devoted meditation to Lord Shiva, Lord Shiva appeared before her and married the Goddess Kamakshi, a divine form of Parvati. There are no traditional Parvati or Shakti shrines in the city of Kanchipuram, apart from this temple, which adds even more legend to this temple.
Kanchipuram – The City of Temples
Kanchipuram is one of the seven sacred cities in India. History proclaims that Kanchipuram was ruled by the Pallava Kings. The city is most famous for its silk production and old temples. The city is located on the Palar river. It has all types of people from weavers to Vaishnavites.
It has many big temples like Sri Kamakshi Amman Temple, Sri Ekambaranthar Temple, Sri Varadaraja Perumal Temple, Sri Ulagalanda Perumal Temple, Sri Kumarakottam Temple, Sri Kailasanathar Temple, Sri Kachapeswarar Temple and much more. kanchipuram also attracts tourist and foreigners in plenty due to its rich culture and heritage. The city has a huge spree of Silk Weavers Society. The city is quite famous all over the world for its Silk Variety and Quality.
There is huge demand for export of Silk saris within and outside India. There are many eminent scholars like C.N.Annadurai who were born in this city. The city has developed a niche for the industrial corridors for great giants like Nokia, Motorola, Hyundai and many others. The city also has hotels and restaurants for the comfort of tourist and foreigners. There is a very old Mutt established by Sri Adisankaracharya Called Sri Kanchi Kamakoti Peetam. This mutt is world renowned for its charitable activities and Institutions. There are also other Spiritual mutts within Kanchipuram.
How to Reach Kanchi Kamakshi Temple
- Chennai – 75 Km
- Tirupati -110 Km
- Bengaluru-282 Km
Nearest Railway Station
- Chennai-75 km
- Katpadi-75 km
- Tirupati -110 km
- Renigunta-104 km
Kanchi Kamakshi Temple History
AROOBA LAKSHMI – SWAROOBA LAKSHMI
Sri Maha Vishnu at Paar Kadal [ksheera samudram/ocean of milk offended by Lakshmi comment on black form of Vishnu cursed to become formless , with a split body and hunch back. To get relieved of this curse Lakshmi goes on penance in the Gayathri Mandapam.
By virtue of this Lakshmi returns to her divine form and appears with folded hands [pattanjali]. This form of Lakshmi with folded hands cannot be seen elsewhere. Lord Vishnu watches this from hidden from behind. Hence he is called as ‘Tirukkalvar’ or even as Adi varaga perumal.
Vaishnavite saint Thirumangai Alwar’s Thiruthandagam calls this place as one 108 ‘Divya Kshetrams’ .Devotees worshipping the devi here, irrespective of caste, .colour, creed or gender pray for their sins to be cleansed by applying the prasadam on arooba lakshmi by themseves. This form of worship by ones own hand is a special feature in this holy places.
To marry Parameswaran, kamakshi standing on the five holy fire and on the needle edge and with one leg folded she undertook a severe penance.
As a result of that penance on Palguni [march/april] uthiram day she married Parameswaran. This is called as Palguni Uthira Divine Wedding. Hence devotees not fortunate to finda a suitable wedding match pray to the goddess on this day.
To marry Parameswaran, kamakshi standing on the five holy fire and on the needle edge and with one leg folded she undertook a severe penance. As a result of that penance on Palguni [march/april] uthiram day she married Parameswaran. This is called as Palguni Uthira Divine Wedding. Hence devotees not fortunate to finda a suitable wedding match pray to the goddess on this day.
During the invasion of Mughal Emperors to protect the gold sculpture of Kamakshi from them it was shifted to Udaiyar Palayam for its safety. The same is at Tanjore now. Bangar Kamakshi blesses the devotees who seeks her blessings.
SARASWATHI appears with 8 hands and also called as Mantrini, Matangi, Raja Shyamala and blesses Students with good education. School students from schools and colleges all over visit to seek her blessings. Near the sannidhi of Saraswathi, Maha Swami of Kanchi mutt consecrated Kamakshi’s paduka of Bangaru Kamakshi. Pujas are performed everyday for the paduka.
On the rear side of the sanctum sanctorum is the shrine of Kasi Anna Purani. She appears With food vessel in one hand and a ladle in other hand. Through the Biksha Dwaram [Bikshai Hole] devotees pray to Anna Purani for giving them food for ever.
After Saraswathi Devi we find Dharma Sastha with Purna and Pushkala. Ancient legends say that Chola King Karigala has taken floral bunch from Dharma Sastha , went upto Himalayas and hoisted the victory flag there.
After establishing Mutts in four directions, Adi Sankara reached Kanchipuram. He established the Kamakoti Peetam and ascended the Sarvagna Peetam. Attained salvation by merging into Kamakshi. He consecrated Sri Chakra with his own hands in the sanctum Sanctorum infront of Kamakshi and Performed pujas for the same..During any festivals in the temple Adi Sankara is given first reverence .
As he is Considered as an incarnation Lord Siva, he faces kamakshi in front when she goes on procession She goes in his way. After Adi Sankara the pontiff of Kanchi Kamakoti peetam are the permanent Trustees of this temple.. Ganapathyam-Vinayaga, Saivam-Siva, Vaishnavam-Vishnu, Saaktham-Ambal, Kauvmaram-Murugan, Sauram-Sun are six religions he formed for worship. To establish the fact that Kamakshi is the centrifugal force all religions, it is said that the temples of Sangupani Vinayagar for Ganapathyam, Kausikeswarar for saivam, Ulagalantha Perumal for vaishnavam, Kaligambal for saktham, Kumarkkottam for Kaumaram and Sun sannidhi in Maha Kaleswarar Temple are found in the four thorough fares around the temple.
There is a separate sannidhi with the sculpture of Adi sankara in this temple.69th Pontiff of Kanchi Mutt Sri Jayendra Saraswathi Swamigal dedicated Golden chariot, Golden Skirt, Golden Kavasam, Golden Lion for Kamakshi from the gold received from the Swarnabishekam performed on Sri Chandrasekarendra Saraswathi swamigal[maha periyava] And the 69th pontiff himself..
DUNDEERA MAHARAJA [EMPEROR]
Maharaja Dundeera ruled Kanchipuram which came under the Thondai Mandala [region] empire. Thondai Mandalam is otherwise called as Dendeeram. In the north near Kalahasthi river Swarnamuk also called ,ponmukili and in the south Pennai river called as pinakini because Lord Sive created this with his bow called as pinagam, in the East an ocean and a great natural lake in the west near virunchipuram are the four boundaries of Thonda Mandala empire or Dundeeram..
During a drought period Kamakshi blessed the region with golden shower. Hence the village is called as Pon Vilaintha Kalaththur. King Dundeera’s statue can be seen in the madpam opposite to Procession deity.
In the outer perimeter near the temple tower is the shrine of Bhairavar. He is also called as the temple’s Protecting God. When the doors of the temple is closed , a puja is performed for the bhairavar and the temple keys are taken by the priest with the permission of Bhairavar. This is an everyday ritual. He is an avtar of Lord Siva.
HOLY TANK AND PERUMAL SANNIDHI.
The holy tank is called Pancha Ganga because ganga which emanated from the crown of Siva descended here into the tank. A male and a female demon in the tank troubled all the devotees. Devi killed those demons. The blood of the demons produced many more of them. Lord Vishnu killed them by standing, lying down on them and sitting on them.
A shrine of Perumal in these postures is seen next to the Temple Tank. Shrine of Durga is seen on the northern bund of the tank .People belonging to the Koorja kingdom worshipped her. The Shrine was renovated and consecration was performed by Sri.Jayendra Saraswathi Swamigal in 1976. Annual Float festival takes place for three days in a year in this tank.
- SHRINES TO BE WORSHIPPED
- Hyagriva [Left of Raja Gopuram Main entrance ]
- Agathiyar [ Right of Raja Gopuram Main entrance ]
- Sindhoora Ganapathy [right opposite to the main entrance]
- Sri.Naga Subramaniar
- Rishi Gopuram
- Prasanna Ganapthy
- Vigna Nivarana Ganapathy
- Dhurvasa Maharishi
- Ishta Siddhi Vinayagar
- Bala Subramaniar [right opposite to Sanctum sanctorum]
- Utsava Kamakshi [procession deity – Lakshmi on the left /Saraswathy on right]
- Suibramaniya with Valli, Deivayanai ; Vinayagar and Adi Sankarar.
- Dundeera Maharaja [opposite to Utsava kamakshi Shrine]
- Aabath Nivarana Ganapathy.
- Valli, Deivayanai and Subramaniar.
- Saraswathy [ashtabujam and minister of the Devi]
- Bangaru Kamakshi [Bangaru Kamakshi Padam/feet] Adi Sankarar
- Dharma Sasth, Purna and Pushkala
- Anna Purani
- Sakthi Ganapathy
- Singara Velar
- Kalvar Perumal
- Saundarya Lakshmi
- Ardha nareeswara
- Sri Kamakshi [Main Deity]
- Tapas Kamakshi [to the right of Ambal]
- Pila Dwaram [opp;Tapas Kamakshi]
- Sri Chakram [Established by Adi Sankara with Eight Vaak Devis]
- Varahi [CommandeR of Devi’s forces-to the left]
- Arooba Lakshmi
- Sowbagya Ganapathy
- Santhana Ganapthy
- Santhana Sthambam [progeny Pillar]
- Adi Sankarar [Ascended Sarvagna Peetam]
- Jaya Sthambam [Victory Pillar-after victory over Pandasuran, the demon]
- Vara Siddhi Vinayagar
- Kala Bhairavar
- Mahisashura Mardhini
- Bali Peedam – Thwajasthambam [Flag Pillar]
- Pancha Gangai [Holy Tank]
- Thirumanjana Ganapathy [Tank bund]
- Ashta Bhuja Durga [with eight hands]
- Bhooda Nigraha Perumal [Stood/Sat/lying down]
- Nardhana Ganapathy
- Shri Hanuman Chalisa Hindi Lyrics pdf
- Shiva Shadakshara Stotram pdf -शिवषडक्षर स्तोत्रम pdf
- Kedarnath Temple Opening Date 2022-Plan your Exciting pilgrimage
- The Powerful Mumba Devi Darshan Online Booking 2022 available
- Tirumala Darshan Tickets Online Booking for April 2022 to June 2022
- The Most Powerful Kanchi Kamakshi Temple Timings 2022
- Do's and Don'ts in Tirumala Tirupati Temple
- Amavasya Tithi Dates and Timings in 2022-Dont miss this dates to worship forefathers
- Omkareshwar Jyotirlinga in Khanda, Madhya Pradesh
- Amavasya Dates and Timings in 2021
- Shree Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga Temple Ujjain
- Srisailam Mallikarjuna Swamy Temple-the greatest Shaivite shrines in India
- Shree Somnath Temple-First Jyotirlingam
- Uchi Pillayar Temple-Trichy Rockfort Temple
- Pillayarpatti Karpaga Vinayagar Temple
- Tirumala Tirupati Accommodation Quota updates for June 2020
- Tirupati Balaji Special Entry Darshan details
- Srirangam Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple Dharshan Timings
- Krishna is the Supreme God
- Ganesh is the God of Beginnings
- Welcome Temple Dharshan Guide